Re: 001697 is no more,

Most important of course is that you are not seriously injured, if at all. Next, I
would contact DMC Houston to see about getting a quote on repairing your
car. Video tape it, take some photos, and get all possible photos. Now granted
I've no idea as to the extent of the damage to you car, hoever, I've always
figured that if this same situation happened to my car, that a new chassis
front-end, repair/replace the front pontoon, and straighten the fenders out, and
the car would be back on the road. However, the final verdict of course would
be up to the DeLorean collision experts. The parts supply is available, so now
is as good a time as any to put it to use. Obtain a quote, and submit it into the
adjuster. If you want to keep the car, you're going to have to do your own
footwork here.

Don't give up hope just yet. IMO, recieving a "salvage" title is worth the trouble
of keeping the car on the road.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "James LaLonde" <deloreandmcxii@xxxx> wrote:
> Well friends,
> 001697 is hurt.
>
> On the way home this evening I was about a mile from home on a 45mph
> road, doing around 40mph... And this woman in a burgundy cadilac
> pulls out of her drive way and I hit her. She pulled out when I was
> already with 10-20 feet from her. I didn't know what happened... all
> I saw was a wall of stainless steal the hood had created in it's
> malformity. Hood, front facia, passenger front fender, and driver
> side front fender. Whole front-end is now a bent mess of Stainless
> and fiberglass.
<SNIP>