001697 is no more,

Well friends,
001697 is hurt.

On the way home this evening I was about a mile from home on a 45mph
road, doing around 40mph... And this woman in a burgundy cadilac
pulls out of her drive way and I hit her. She pulled out when I was
already with 10-20 feet from her. I didn't know what happened... all
I saw was a wall of stainless steal the hood had created in it's
malformity. Hood, front facia, passenger front fender, and driver
side front fender. Whole front-end is now a bent mess of Stainless
and fiberglass.
As if it makes a difference... it was HER fault (the bitch.. sorry).

I'll know how Metlife Home and Auto handle it on monday... I'm an
insurance agent of thier... hopefully they'll pay a fair amount.
Until then I'm in DeLorean-Owners-Hell.

I don't know if they'll total her... and depending on the out come
it may spell my exit of the DeLorean world until I'm debt free.

I will see how the adjuster likes me keeping the scrap... and if it
doesn't effect the settlement too much, there will soon be a whole
plethora of perfect DeLorean parts up from grabs.
Hm... including a driver side Torsion bar.

Perhaps 001697 will live on within other DMC-12s. She would have
wanted it that way.

Well I have until 2004 to make Pigeon Forge.

Shannon... you can forget about those instruction you were faxing
me :P

Mmmmm... well thought I'd share the horrible news. Pictures may be
forthcoming for the sickos out there who like looking at such
things. Tamir... you'll get some pics. I'd like to at least have her
on your site, eh?

Have Happy Deloreaning..... I sure as hell won't be.
-James LaLonde
001697