Re: Hand Built DeLoreans

As interesting as it may be there will never be anymore Deloreans
created. The problem as I understand it is no one has the authority to
create a vin number for a Delorean anymore. To create a "new" Delorean
would require it to meet all emmision and safety requirements that are
presently in place, not the ones from 20 years ago. The only way the
83's were built was that the vin numbers for them were already
created, it was just a matter of building the cars to go along with
the numbers. It is still possible to take a "dead" Delorean and
resurect it with the origional vin # but you cannot ever have anymore
vin #'s then there presently are. There is no longer a manufacurer
that can issue a Certificate of Origion which is required to register,
title, and finance a car. There are not enough parts for a build run
of any significance anyway, where would all of the frames come from?
If you take them from "real" cars then you can use the vin # which is
what Delorean One must be doing when they claim to rebuild a car. In
effect it is not a "new" car because the vin # has already been sold
so it is legaly a used car although it is rebuilt. It cannot be sold
as new. The only way you could buy a "new" Delorean is if you can find
one that is still owned by a Dealer and never titled. I only know of 2
cars that still have that status, they are owned by an origional
selling Dealer in Keyport, New Jersey and no they are not for sale at
this time
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxx> wrote:
> In all honestly, I could totally care less about any
positive/negative effect that