Re: Noise Control

Before going to great lengths to "soundproof" the car make sure to
seal up all of the holes in the passenger compartment especially the
plugs in the firewalls front and rear. Adding more weight is the last
thing you want to do. If the door seals are shot replacing them will
help a lot. If the doors don't close all the way adjust the latch
pins. Exhaust leaks will make the motor louder then it should be. A
problem with the fuel pump will make it noisy. The wrong oil or the
wrong amount in the transmission can make it noisy. The Delorean isn't
too noisy a car if everything is in good condition but keep in mind
that the engine isn't too far from your ears and the transmission is
under your elbow.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Toby Peterson" <tobyp@xxxx> wrote:
> Dave - First off, I find the noise level in Winged1 to be akin to
> "music to my ears", especially at WOT (wide open throttle), but that
> is certainly a personal preference for everybody. I know that
several