Re: [DML] Hand Built DeLoreans

I will comment on the likelihood of this happen. 0.0%. I know some
people like to dream about it, but why bother? If DMCH had money coming
out the ears, they would have already manufactured the torsion bars.
Anyone who thinks that they are going to up and build Deloreans car is
out of their minds. Especially with updates. If they have a new frame
and do safety upgrades then they have to the vehicle tested to meet
federal standards. This is seven-figure testing. I'm sure remaking
panel dies is 7-figures too.

Even if someone was going to try this, why would they keep the same
design? Because parts are so plentiful and cheap? And who in their
right mind would use a PRV engine. That's just ridiculous. Plus, for a
limited run, the car would have to be astronomically expensive- not only
more than you are willing to pay but more than you can afford.

DMCH is waiting for 12 people to order before they make torsion bars,
right? What's that, $5000? Do you think they're eagerly saving so they
can spend millions? no. I think that this is a not only unattainable
but also, business-wise, a horrible idea.

Jim
1537

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:55:54 -0000 "James LaLonde"
<deloreandmcxii@xxxx> writes:
> OK I read the article about DMCH someone posted recently;
>
> I'm not commenting on the likelihood/possibility/legality of the
> scenerio - but...
> If they can;
>
> Do you think it's a good idea to hand build new DeLoreans? Would
> this
> use-up important parts for the rest of us? Obviously there are
> certain obstacles to overcome before they could do this. Namely
> Torsion bars. Most other parts are in stock or reproducable.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com