Re: high hydrocarbon in exhaust

<This is from original question poster>
After following the advise on this forum, I have replace the O2
sensor, spark plugs, spark plug wires, Dis cap, dis rotor.
Earlier today, I had my car smog check again.. Guess what? It
failed the test again. Result from the test are following :

HC (ppm) Max allow:150 My car: 111,
CO (%) Max allow:1.50 My car: 0.54
CO2 (%) Max allow:NA My car: 13.8
O2 (%) Max allow:NA My car: 1.1
RPM 2466

So... for high RPM, it is okay. The following values are from idle
case.

HC (ppm) Max allow:120 My car: 241 (too high)
CO (%) Max allow:1.50 My car: 0.67
CO2 (%) Max allow:NA My car: 13.4
O2 (%) Max allow:NA My car: 1.5
RPM 734

Other than catalytic converter, what else can be the cause of
this..

Thanks every one!

rendy #4220

> Hi
>
> Yesterday, my Delorean failed the smog check due to high
hydrocarbon. The
> technician played the rpm little bit but it did not lower the
hydrocarbon.
> The technician has suggested me replace the catalytic
converter. I