Warming Up ??

In the Owner's Handbook, it says "When the engine is cold, drive the
car as soon as the engine has started. Do not warm up the car by
allowing it to idle for long periods with the car stationery." (it's
on page 15)

Is that right ?? If I don't warm my D up for at least a few
minutes, it runs very rough, almost to the point of dying. But if I
let it warm up, it runs just fine.

Is that a typo, or why would it say that ??

Thanks,
James Teston #15314