Engine : to fix or replace ... that is the question?

Engine : to fix or replace ... that is the question?

DMCers,

I'm about to commence having the refurbishment of my RHD DeLorean carried
out. The manual 3,790mile engine has been partly dismantled and left to sit
for 6 years. Anyone got any comments on my alternatives:-

1. Refurbish the existing that has had the valve covers and exhaust headers
off. (I have a complete automatic engine with 28k miles from my spares-DMC)

2. A Turbo engine : BAE single turbo or alternatives??? ........... I'm a
bit wary having had experience with turbo motorcycles and a 924Turbo ... how
reliable is a post-turboed engine?

3. Spend $5k and get a new Houston PRV?

By the way, I'm not interested in disfiguring the car to accommodate a V8 or
non-PRV engine!

I'll be using this car as a weekend driver but want max. reliability after
refurbishing.

Any comments and advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, IAN vins 6425LHD & 0780RHD (& 1205spares)