Re: Warming Up ??

James,
I'll throw in my 2cents worth. As you know the cold start valve
shoots gas into the system to assist starting, Then the Lambda unit
send's out a steady pulse for the frequency valve to run the cars
richer untill the 02 sensor warms up and kicks in. Then the 02 sensor
tells the frequency valve to back off the gas. Thus a little rougher
idle at first. If your 02 sensor is older and not coming on as fast
then you may have a few seconds of richer burning. Try unplugging the
frequency valve so it won't run so rich and see what happens.
Something is definitely going on. My 11004 cranks up fine and cold
even idles ok. If you put a scope on the lambda unit output you will
see the square wave going to the frequency valve and the duration of
how long it's open or running. Maby in our 105 degree weather is why
I'm not having trouble in Dallas, Tx. Cooler weather my be more
sensitive. Water is normally 7 degrees cooler inside something.
Hope's this helps a little. One other thing, make sure the cold start
isn't still shooting gas into the system. It's supposed to shoot a
little gas for a second or two. Then shut off. Maby look at the temp
switch.
John
11004