Re: [DML] Warming Up ??

> "Do not warm up the car by allowing it to idle for long
> periods with the car stationery."
> Is that right ?? If I don't warm my D up for at least a few
> minutes, it runs very rough, almost to the point of dying.

No typo. The owner's manual is correct.

My DeLorean developed a similar problem over the years. (No such problem when
new). After replacing the fuel injectors and a variety of other fuel related
components without success, I finally traced the problem to semi-solid deposits
forming on the interior workings of the fuel distributor. I simply dumped two
bottles of off-the-shelf fuel injector cleaner into something less than a half
tank of gas. After several days of running this mixture the problem vanished.
How do I know it was the fuel distributor? Because I replaced everything else
that gas ran through (fuel pump, filter, etc.), and someone suggested it might
be foreign material in the fuel distributor. That's when I tried fuel injector
cleaner. It worked straight away.

Total cost: less than 10 bucks.

Ed Thompson (#06419 since 1982)