Re: tranny questions (Porsche automatics)

Re: tranny questions (Porsche automatics)

Jim and List,

As Bob wrote, "as for different automatics", Bob is correct that
the Porsche Tiptronic automatic transmissions would be easier to
install, as a Delorean trans conversion, than any other source.
The earlier Porsche automatics, like the ZF4HP22HL found in '84
models would be an easier install than the later model ZF4HP22E
found in '89 models (with a computer) that may require much more
work to allow it to shift "automatically". Either one of these
Porsche automatics will handle a substantial amount of HP.

Since a lot of the miles on the 97 Time Machine are parade miles,
I'm sure Bob does not mind manually shifting his automatic when
it is necessary. I'm sure when Bob gets some free time, he will
get the trans computer reprogrammed to work well with the Rover V8.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>