Lower Control Arm failure

Well I finally got my broken car to Houston and yep, you guessed it: the front lower
control arm was mangled, not entirely unlike Knut's. Since mine is a high-milage car
(120k+) and the damage appears to be metal fatigue, it appears you all have something to
look forward to in your future. :-)

I opted to let DMC try to repair the arm, rather than sacrifice my arm-and-leg for the
price of a new one (although the option of a newly fabricated stainless part centainly
has it's appeal). My concern is now with the arm on the opposite side, which ostensibly
has the same age and stress as the one that just failed....

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX

P.S. Anybody from the Austin area going to the DMC Open House? I appear to need a
ride.