Re: Engine Swaps and tranny questions

This past Saturday evening Delorean Midatlantic had Fred Dellis of
Legend Industries speak and give a Q + A on the Delorean. One of the
questions was about horsepower. Fred said that they were able to dial
in all the horsepower that they wanted but because of durability and
warranty issues they were transmission limited. THEY KEPT BREAKING
INPUT SHAFTS. This was on the 5-speeds, in his opinion the automatic
was even worse although he doesn't remember using any. Fred also said
they had planned to get away from the Renault transmission eventually
anyway. Very hard to deal with Renault. The short answer is if you are
doing any kind of large horsepower increase either with the PRV or an
engine swap you have to figure a way to get rid of the Renault
transmission.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxx>