Re: [DML] Engine Swaps and tranny questions

Re: [DML] Engine Swaps and tranny questions

Eh? my transmission doesn't have a computer! For anyone who is actually
interested, the porsche g50 6-speed transmission has the same width at
the transaxle, same bolt pattern and same bolt size. I'm using the stock
Delorean axles. It even has a similar "reverse" switch. The
transmission is slightly longer though, and mounts and shifts
differently.

Darryl Tinnerstet owns a supercharged chevy, and I don't think he will
agree that the stock transmission will hold 300hp. I personally don't
think it will either, considering what it was made to do and what a
porsche transmission costs...

I assume Darryl will speak up to tell you exactly what he modified. Long
story short, he destroyed at least one transmission part and had it
remade with higher quality materials. Your best chance at beefing the
stock trans is with upgraded parts (that will fit) from a renault dealer
in Europe.

Jim