Re: hydraulic fluid seeps + About break callipers

Re: hydraulic fluid seeps + About break callipers

Hi,

I don't know what 2nd hand callipers for the DeLorean cost in the
States but over here I can get a 2nd hand calliper of the shelf from
a breaker for £14.00 (about $21)

Same part number and same part. must be one of the cheapest parts
you can buy for the DeLorean in the UK.

New $300.00 from vendor, 2nd user with new seals and cleaned pistons
$30-$40

I know which one I would choose, and have chosen, relining the boars
for a part of this value seems a bit over the top to me, IMHO

James RG

(no disrespect to DMC vendors, there parts are of course brand new
hence the extra price)

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:

When you disasemble the calipers you will know right away if they
can be cleaned up by a light honing. If they can't be cleaned up
fitting s/s sleeves is way beyond the machining capabilities of most.