Re: hydraulic fluid seeps

When you disasemble the calipers you will know right away if they can
be cleaned up by a light honing. If they can't be cleaned up fitting
s/s sleeves is way beyond the machining capabilities of most. You have
to bore out the caliper so when you press in the sleeve the ID returns
to standard so unless you have a milling machine and a press it is
best to send out to White Post or someone similar. The Delorean
venders can also help you by selling you rebuilt calipers and taking
your old cores, it is faster that way. Since you say you had the car
for 2 years then you are due to change the brake fluid anyway. Just
look at the resovoir and if it is dark and thick it is way past gone.
For the frame just scrape and crack off the loose epoxy, sand the
edges smooth, clean the metal till it is bright and shiny and then
spray with Krylon "Smoke Grey". You can get it in aerosol at Home
Depot. It is a very close match.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "K Creason" <dmc4687@xxxx> wrote:
> Fortunately, mine is a daily driver for the last two years... but
damage could have been done before that.

> What about sleeves? Are those available in many sizes, shapes? How
do you know for sure if you need to sleeve a caliper?