Re: [DML] TAB report

Kevin - I have seen that wear on the large flat washers on most of
the cars that I have done the TAB change on. I typically clean the
washers thoroughly, and flip them over just like you did, to give a
new surface for the spacers (sleeves thru the trailing arm and the
bushing) to rest against. I mentioned in one of my endless posts on
the subject of TAB's that I believe the wear comes from the bolts
bending and stretching, allowing some movement in the joint. This
most often leads (eventually) to the bolts bending and/or coming
loose. I plan on disassembling these joints on Winged1 around the
first of the year to see if there has been any similar wear with my
bolts installed. I don't expect to see any, but I will let the List
know in any event. I looked into supplying new large flat washers
with the TOBY-TAB kits, but I would have had to increase the price
of the kits substantially in order to do it. It's amazing how much
hardened flat washers cost! I would have liked to include the
washers, as well as new bushings, but the dollars simply got in the
way. There is a price point above which you can't convince people
to spend the money, no matter how much sense it would make. Now,
if I would have been able to offer polyurethane ...

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "K Creason" <dmc4687@xxxx> wrote:
> However: my big fat washers on the pass. side were a bit messed up.
I flipped them all around and put them back in. I wish the TAB's came with new washers so that I could have saved them out and taken pictures.