Re: Towing v. Driving with a bad ex. man. gasket ... :\

"Steve Rubano" wrote:

> Instead of using a tow dolly (only raises 2 wheels off the ground) or
> spending the hundreds of dollars on flat bedding/towing your new
> purchase there is another alternative. What I did when I got my D
> (was not drivable at ALL) was I went to the local Uhaul place and
> rented a full car caddy.

If you decide to go the U-Haul route, do NOT tell them it is for a
DeLorean. They look at their little book and it says a DeLorean will
not fit on there. It is a very tight squeeze, but it can be done. I
believe that the reason was that the U-Haul trailer's maximum width is
70", but the D is 71" wide. It also mentions in the book that the
U-Haul is too low and the door will swing out and hit the trailer
fenders. That would be the case if the D door was a 'normal' door
swinging out sideways, but since it opens -up-, it's not a problem.

In general I have found that being as vague as possible at U-Haul always
pays off...

-Dave Stragand
http://www.ProjectVixen.com
VIN# 05927