Re: Towing v. Driving with a bad ex. man. gasket ... :\

Re: Towing v. Driving with a bad ex. man. gasket ... :\

>Re: Towing v. Driving with a bad ex. man. gasket ... : >

>>Instead of using a tow dolly (only raises 2 wheels off the ground)or
> > spending the hundreds of dollars on flat bedding/towing your new
> > purchase there is another alternative. What I did when I got my D
> > (was not drivable at ALL) was I went to the local Uhaul place and
> > rented a full car caddy.

Here in Connecticut(check the laws of the states you will pass thru)
it is illegal to tow a unregistered motor vehicle unless all wheels
are off the ground (no tow trucks or tow dolleys can be used to tow
unregistered vehicles,(unless it is from a accident and authorized by
a Police officer)which means all wheels must be off the ground, which
means the only way it can be towed is on a car trailer or flatbed,or
enclosed trailer,ALSO BEWARE if anybody has to pass thru the NEW
JERSEY Turnpike,THEY DO NOT ALLOW TOW DOLLEYS on the Jersey Pike,ask
me how I know,One more thing beware of the Uhaul trucks,as the upkeep
isn't the best.

Claude
000570