Where to put an antenna...

Hello everyone,

I've got a fairly simple question;
This afternoon I fitted a Carkit to my "D" for
my Cellular Phone. Mounting was easy, I'll post
some pictures on the net soon.

I used a bracket that fits behind the radio
(aftermarket) to install the holder for the handset,
but this automatically means the standard antenna
of the phone is only 5 or 6 inches away from the radio.
Now when I (get a) call the digital signal of the cell-phone
is heard over the Stereo-speakers as an annoying buzzing sound.

I had the same problem on my Escort and solved it by fitting
an external on the roof in the hole for the original roof-top
model (I fitted an electrical retracting antenna for the radio
on that one earlier).

I'd like to put an external antenna on the "D" too,
but -unlike on the Escort- I don't want to make a hole
in the T-panel. I've looked at a Glass-antenna (with a whip on
the outside and a reciever on the inside of the windshield),
but this looks rather ugly.
I've also considered putting it on the enginecover, but I'm
afraid the metal surrounding it then (edges of quarterpanels)
would interfere with reception...

Does anyone have any other ideas or experiences???
Please let me know.

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000