Re: Where to put an antenna...

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Jan van de Wouw <Jan@xxxx> wrote:
> I don't want to make a hole
> in the T-panel. I've looked at a Glass-antenna (with a whip on
> the outside and a reciever on the inside of the windshield),
> but this looks rather ugly.
> I've also considered putting it on the enginecover, but I'm
> afraid the metal surrounding it then (edges of quarterpanels)
> would interfere with reception...

Try putting it on the top louver. You should be able to find some
small clips you could put around the lip of the louver, or use some
kind of adheasive. This way you wouldn't need to drill a hole in it
like you feared with T-panel. You can then simply run the wire with a
little slack on the side of the louver to allow it to still be raised.

Even with a hands free system, I still dont reccomend driving while
talking on a phone!

Jim Reeve
-6960