Re: Found D 4 Sale....question?

If the alternator is dead along with the battery, he might be able to
jump start it and get it to run but the engine may stall or not run
properly (and possibly mistaking the problem as a serious one) due to
that the battery dosen't have a strong charge and the alternator not
supplying any voltage.

I don't suggest you leave the jumpers between the two cars connected
after you get it running to test the electrical on the D since that
will put the alternator on the other car under a higher load than it
might be able to handle! The only way to go here if you don't want to
buy an alternator, assuming the battery is good and will hold a
charge, is get the battery charged at a local garage to it's full
capacity. That should give you enough juice to start it, let it run,
test the electrical (windows, door locks, etc) and possibly drive it
around the block.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealty@xxxx " <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> Don't worry about the alternater, just get the engine started, yes
you
> can jump start it. Make sure you have coolant and oil pressure, try
> the clutch and see if you can shift into all gears and check the
> service and parking brake. Try the electrical system, windows, door
> locks, mirrors, lights, and the engine should idle smooth without
> hesitation. Inspect all of the glass carefully. Figure on spending
in
> the area of $5,000 depending on how lucky and how fussy you are
about
> the car. Figure a clutch, Zillas, interior parts, battery, tires,
> shocks, c-v boots, radiator, water pump, hoses, rebuild brakes,
door
> struts, coolant bottle, change-out of all fluids, clutch hose, fuel
> filter, tune-up. Depending on how much you can do yourself will
affect
> this estimite but for approx $15,000 it sounds like you will have a
> nice car.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757
>

> -
> -- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, bigbenb84@xxxx wrote:
> >
> > Hey everybody,
> > There has been a DeLorean for sale in my area (Pensacola,
FL.)