a lot for a Delorean. If the car was able to be driven this many miles,
then it must have had extensive work done to fix most of the major Delorean
specific problems over this much time. It is also interesting that the body
is in such good condition. It sounds like it was owned by someone who
really took care of the car -- especially to get such high mileage out of
it. It sounds more likely to me that the car has only 17K miles on it.

You might try to find out the history on the car. I checked Carfax, and it
has no data available on VIN SCEDT26T0BD002144 (This is the correct VIN for
#2144) It is typical for Carfax to not have data on cars depending on where
and when the vehicle has been registered. Florida is very good about
getting data into Carfax, so since it's not listed, I'm suspicious that it
is not a Florida car. Perhaps it came from a nearby state since Pensacola
is near the border. Is there a license plate on the car? Are there any
inspection stickers in the windshield? Are there any papers in the car that
give some history? Be sure to check in the hidden compartment behind the
driver's seat. You will need the ignition key to unlock it. There is no
telling what you may find.

Hope this helps,
Walt Tampa, FL