[DML] re: LIFT-O-MAT STILL EXIST and European Parts Warehouse

Stian Birkeland writes:

> My point is:
> 1) I have heard from several that original LIFT-O-MAT gas struts are no
> longer available. THIS IS NOT TRUE! The interesting part here is whether
> they produce gas struts with the right pressure for the DeLorean.
>
> 2) Where can you get LIFT-O-MAT gas struts?
>
> PLEASE can the GERMAN DeLorean Owners help out here for the benefit of all
> those who would like original DeLorean gas struts.
>
> Best wishes
> Stian Birkeland
> NORWAY

Please no speculations like this!

Sure LIFT-O-MAT is still in business! The company is located in Koblenz/Germany
and there business are gas struts. They produce hundreds of different types for
cars, printers, furniture and so on. I visited them some years ago. They told me
the struts originally used on the DeLorean were produced for DMC only and the
production went out as the Dunmurry plant shut down.

But if you are looking for gaststruts for your D´ here in europe, you can order
them from the DeLorean Club of Germany. You had to pay 90 EURO ($96) for the
door struts and 100 EURO ($112) for the Hood/Louvere struts.

The DeLorean Club of Germany owns the biggest parts inventory here in europe.
There are a thousand DeLorean parts in her Warehouse including some really rare
items. If you are looking for factory original left front fenders(!), doors,
quarter panels, frames(!), fiberglass bodies, fuel sending units, metric
instrument clusters, transmissions, lower link, set´s of upgraded brake discs
(incl. crossdrilled), upgraded callipers and many many more (to name only a
small amount of items) they had all of them on stock.

In the spring issue of "stainless" (German D´mag) will be a complete article
about the club and it´s warehouse including photos, so you can have a look for
youself.

If you are interested in "european" parts please email to
deloreanstore@xxxx or contact Adrian Roth directly at adriandmc@xxxx

If you had any further questions please email adrian or me directly.

Best wishes

Michael Reinemuth
eMail: micha@xxxx - Heidelberg, Germany
http://www.delorean.de - DeLorean Site Deutschland