[DML] Re: Concour Manual (and more)

Right on the money! I tend to agree, that concourse competitions do not
do any good for the delorean population in general.

I also think it is somewhat of a put-down to "loose" because a radiator
clamp has been replaced, or some detail like that. Many of us have
replaced some of the external body screws with stainless screws, Do you
loose points for that?!

This is why I am looking forward to the R&R hall of fame show next
summer! There are enough categories to cover all sorts of De Loreans.

If the DOA starts to do this, with pressure from DMC Houston, It will
allow more owners to participate in the shows. But, as James admits
this is because they want to sell more parts! (Thanks for being honest
James).

This brings me back to concourse cars, the winning cars are generally
owned by people who can afford, and are willing to spend the money
necessary to make the car a winner. Maybe if we all just brought in our
financial statements, it would make judging easier. No need to have
fellow De Lorean owners bend, kneel and crouch for several hours to
judge! :)

Gus Schlachter wrote:

> You know, this thread reminds me that I really hate concours competitions.
> Nothing says "waste" to me more than showing off a car that is clearly never
> driven!

<SNIP>