[DML] Renault EF-1

I am again looking in to what options are available for a engine swap on
the De Lorean to get some more power out of it.

I found some data on engine weights, to see what would be a good
candidate for a transplant, and found the following:

Renault 2.8 V6 375 (2) (also DeLorean, Peugeot, Volvo)
Renault EF-1 395 (2) (racing version of P-R-V V6)

Anyone know what a Renault EF-1 is?? Were they ever use in North
America?