From: Martin Gutkowski [mailto:webmaster@xxxx]
Sent: 11 April 2002 14:35
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Now MY door's stuck!

Yesterday evening I fitted my new passenger side door. I also fitted my
new mirror switch. The new handle went in with a small amount of blood
on the stainless and the door worked fine afterwards. I thought mothing
more about it

This morning, I set off for work and noticed the door ajar light was on.
I have recently adjusted the striker pins an I know they line up okay.
My drivers door was properly shut, so I reached across to open the
passenger door. The rear latch released but the front wouldn't budge. I
left it as-is and drove to work. FWIW the door never required much of a
pull onthe nadle to open - the distance the mechanism must move in order
to release the latches is very small - ie the mechanism is tight.

At lunchtime today I had a longer look at it. with the window down, I
can re-latch the rear catch but still cannot release the front. I took
the top trip panel off and pulled the mechanism as far as it would go
(further than either the outseide or inside handles can achieve. Still
no joy. I'm fairly convinced the problem's related to the lock mechanism
at the front but without taking the lower trim off I can't get to the
link rod. In all the messing about I managed to jam the rear latch also
(I think it's just the problem related to working the locks when the
door's not shut). A bit of messing abut should free that end.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I take the lower panel off? It's
a real shame I have to do it like this as the passenger door trim has
never been removed before (when I did the handle last night there was
still glue around the bottom of the top trim piece)

Martin

PS I'm leaving my baby alone for 2 weeks as we have Mechanoids filming
in Glasgow. I hope to still be on e-mail.

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk