My New DMC - Help!

Hello, everyone! We were hoping that by joining this group that
someone could help us shed some light on a few of the small problems
that we are having with the De Lorean we purchased in June of this
year. Here's the story of the car thus far: (NOTE: I have ALL the
documentation of the work done on the car. None of the things I am
about to relay are accusations, exxagerations, ect.)

We bought our "D" from a young couple in New Jersey. Her father more
or less "dumped" the car on them after he purchased it in 1997 and
basically became too ill to drive it. The older gentleman reportedly
paid around 17,000 for the car, which at the time, along with many
other things, needed work on the fuel system.

What to Do? Well..

He did what anyone else that close to New York would do, I assume:
The old fella sent the car to PJ Grady's for work. Whoo, boy, did
they work on it.

Supposedly, he put a cap of $5,000 dollars on the amount of work to
be done. That's right.. Five Grand. Bear in mind, now, that he just
paid Seventeen Grand for the car! Well.. apparently, after the car
sat for an ENTIRE YEAR at P.J. Grady's, they commenced work on it.

After receiving work that ended up totaling over SIX thousand dollars
(when he told them Five.. they went over without authorization),
The car STILL needed, according to the papers I was faxed when
looking into buying her: Exhaust Work, Auto Transmission Work, Rear
Trailing Arms, a new Drivers Side Window motor ...and the list
continued, although most of the work "needed" was fairly minor. Upon
finding this out, the old man became irate, demanding his car back..
he paid them the money he said they couldn't spend and had it shipped
back to Jersey to his daughter's home where it sat until we decided
we were going to "live the dream" and buy her.

Now onto OUR problems: The car has a major stalling problem. It
starts up fine every time, and no, it doesn't "buck" or "sputter" but
when you start her, regardless of how full the tank is, she will only
idle for about a minute and, off she does.. dead as a doornail,
especially at intersections or when an eighteen wheeler is coming..

OOOH, she LOVES to stall when there's a chance we could all DIE!

She's also leaking oil really badly, and a new sending unit and
gasket have not helped. The drivers side window does not work, even
though I tried swapping switches. One night, on the way home, I had
the A/C on and when I stopped at a light, all of a sudden she started
making this noise.. not like a hornet, as I once heard someone say..
but it was a SCREAMING noise.. a loud "AAA-OOOOOO" a SCREAM! ..coming
from somewhere inside this car!

All these problems have led me to worry day and night about the car,
even though the mechanic who has it now says there's no rust and more
than half the hoses and stuff under her are brand new. (I guess
Grady's must've done something after all). She has 25,000 miles on
her right now, and just passed her state inspection with flying
colors. The interior, ect is all new looking.. she even had her
cargo netting and owner's manual when we got her.

Can someone help ease our worries?