Re: What about my AC high pressure cut of switch?

Re: What about my AC high pressure cut of switch?

Minor correction to my last post, the high pressure relief in NOT on
the compressor, it is on the block with the high pressure cut-out
switch. On most cars it is near the accumulater, on some it is by the
condensor coil on the left. If your car doesn't have it maybe the shop
that did the conversion removed it. To run R-134 you have to run
higher pressures and the switch and relief valve can't handle it.
Instead of replacing with higher pressure parts they were maybe just
removed. I am guessing the discharge hose running from the compressor
outlet to the condensor coil failed from age and the high pressure of
the 134. Pressurize the system and listen for hissing from the hose.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michiel Böhmer <michiel.bohmer@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dear list-members,
>
> I'm lost here. I have AC troubles and I can't find my answers in the
archive.