Re: What about my AC high pressure cut of switch?

Re: What about my AC high pressure cut of switch?

Not all cars have the high pressure switch and sometimes it is on the
condensor coil on the left side. There is also a low pressure switch
on the accumulater N:03:03. That low pressure switch also cyles the
compressor on and off if everything is set-up properly. If you can't
see the leak it is possible it is one of the hoses running front to
back in the frame with the high pressure hose on the left being the
most likely. The high presure safety valve is on the back of the
compressor unless it was removed to run the F-134. The hose can be
replaced without removing the body but you have to bend the flange on
the frame to do it (don't worry, you can bend it back and touch it up
with some paint). Read N:01:01 the second paragraph. If at all
possible the best thing to do is to return the system back to R-12. In
your case you should also replace the dryer/accumulater, the orifice
tube, and the service valve cores along with draining and replacing
the oil and all of the "O" rings. You may also need a new low pressure
switch or fix the problem in the wiring so it works. The system can be
pressureized with nitrogen or dry air and leak-tested using soapy
water or a leak-test solution to look for bubbles which would indicate
a leak. Since the system was running -134 you may find ALL of the "O"
rings must be replaced with the "green" ones. The black ones (Buna)
don't like the 134 and start to leak. You might consider finding
another shop to do this right.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michiel Böhmer <michiel.bohmer@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dear list-members,
>
> I'm lost here. I have AC troubles and I can't find my answers in the
archive.