Re: What about my AC high pressure cut of switch?

Re: What about my AC high pressure cut of switch?

Michiel, after reading your post, I was inspired to go out to my car
and take a picture of the AC Accumulator area. I did so, and
labeled all of the components. I uploaded it to the "FILES" section
of YahooGroups, under the name "AC_Accumulator.jpg". You may find
the answers to your questions there. To answer them here, the high
pressure switch is located on the metal line leading into the
evaporator, in front of the accumulator. The safety valve is
opposite of it (they rest horizontally). The low pressure switch is
located on the top side of the accumulator. If my knowledge of AC
systems is accurate, the Low Pressure switch is responsible for the
normal cycling of the compressor, and the high pressure switch is
only a safety. And for those who really dont know, the accumulator
is located in the front passenger-side wheel well.

However there are two factors you must consider here. The ealier
cars had a different setup at their accumulator. According to PJ
Grady's online parts manual, the switch was at VIN 3467, which is
after your VIN. My diagram of the later design off of my VIN 6960
would not be accurate, and I dont know the setup used on the ealier
cars. Another factor to consider, did the AC shop that did your
conversion use DeLorean parts, or generic parts? If they used
generic parts, the setup may also be different than I have pictured.

As to your other question about removing the lines, it can be done
without lifting the body, but not easily. You will need to cut off
the ends to the lines to pull them back, and it may also require
bending down the ledge off of the bottom of the frame.

Good luck fixing your AC.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michiel Böhmer <michiel.bohmer@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dear list-members,

> But the strange thing is, and this is my question to you all; I
could not find a high pressure switch and safety valve! WHERE ARE
THEY? And if compressors should cycle on and off all the time, which
component is controling this?