Re: [DML] A few probs: shifting stiff, wont go(sometimes) dot 4 leak? ,

Re: [DML] A few probs: shifting stiff, wont go(sometimes) dot 4 leak? , gas, temp sensors

Your shifter problem could be the roller pin, or something in the clutch hydraulics. My reservoir bottle has been as low as 3/4 full, and the car still shifts fine. It's still very possible that your car doesn't want to shiftinto the gears because there isn't enough pressure to release the clutch. If this is the case, you will have to replace your original plastic clutch line with a braided stainless one, and get new master and slave cylinders. The original plastic lines will expand under pressure in their old age, notallowing the clutch to disengage fully. Look closely behind your clutch pedal where the clutch linkage meets the master cylinder. If you see signs ofleakage... you'll need a master cylinder as well. Again... leaking means you're not getting full pressure in your system. An adjustable clutch link is also a necessity in a DeLorean, IMO. This is a little gadget that attaches the clutch pedal to the master cylinder, and is adjustable for length... thus adjusting the amount of travel the master cylinder makes. I think JohnHervey sells them www.specialtauto.com .

Your wobbly steering is possibly tires with flat spots... if the car was only driven 500 miles in 16 years, and the car still only has 16k on it, it'svery possible you're still running on the original Goodyear NCTs... and they have flat spots from sitting for long periods of time.

You probably need a new tank sending unit... pick a Tankzilla up from PJ Grady if you want a bulletproof product www.pjgrady.com . I think that coverseverything but your temperature gague.... I'll let someone else help you there.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC

See what you missed! Read the report on the 2003 DMC Open House Event at http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@xxxx w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag