From: rbrogren@xxxx [mailto:rbrogren@xxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 1:03 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Delorean Owners Assosiation

Regarding the DOA response to David Teitelbaum:
Since Mr. Breer list himself as a Director of DOA one has to assume that
his
response is indicative of the corporate culture and philosophy. The
first word
that came to my mind was ARROGANT.

His statement says it all!
> We are not an altruistic group. ? We exist to serve our members, not
> the DeLorean community at large. ? We are always happy to receive
> feedback from our members. ? However, we pay no attention to those who

> are not Association members.
----How snobbish! But nice to know.

In his following statement it is abundantly clear that he does not know
much
about DML and what makes it so valuable:
> This is my personal opinion:? There is a lot of bad advice given on
> the DML by people who want to be a big fish in a small pond. There are

> incomplete answers to incomplete questions. ? On the whole, I think
the
> DML has done more harm than good for the DeLorean Community. It's only

> redeeming feature is that it is a forum for owners to communicate with

> each other. I just wish they had something useful to talk about.
----- Sour grapes!

- Yes, there may occasionally be some bad advice in DML, but it is
usually
caught PDQ! And that is nothing compared to advice from some non-D
shops!
- Yes, there are incomplete questions! (A dumb statement to start out
with,
after all; if the questioner was knowledgeable he/she wouldn't need to
ask in
the first place!)
- Yes, there are some incomplete answers, HOWEVER, a thread has been
established and others can, and generally do, chime in! On line or off
line and it is
the final result that counts.
- Yes, I have to agree that at times there is some useless chatter here,
but
there is an immense amount of experience behind many of the answers and
that
certainly swings the scale in the right direction!

When I bought my D it came with an almost complete set of more than 12
years
of the DOA magazine from the original owner. Yes, there was a lot of
information in there for a neophyte owner and it took many hours of page
turning before
I had a rudimentary index completed. I liked what I saw and became a DOA

member. I also tried to collect the missing issues in the magazine
collection, for
a while.
I found out about the DML fraternity early on and have obtained
immensely
much more information here than in all other sources combined.

The unsung heroes are the DML Moderators. Who are the heroes at DOA?

Am I still a DOA member?
No, I did not think it was worth the cost and I didn't need another
glitzy
magazine that was far different and lacking items of interest, compared
to the
old ones that I have.

No, DOA is certainly not an altruistic group, but DML most assuredly is!

The animosity between the two is really a shame, because a positive
synergism
could be of mutual benefit to everybody involved. That will never
happen as
long as arrogance rules on one side.

Carpe dium!
Roger