Re: Painted Delorean

Pete

When we bought our project DeLorean, it was painted. Although we
intended on painting our Project D anyway, we went ahead and removed
the existing paint that had been put on at the dealership 20 + years
ago.

The method of paint removal we used was media (bead) blasting. This
is alot like sand blasting but does not run the risk of damaging the
metal. It came out beautiful and the cost was reasonable. In our
case, we removed all of the body panels for the blasting and
repainting.

On a side note, media blasting will not work on the facia. It just
bounces off. We had to use a chemical remover to do the job on the
facia.

Ron
Gullwing Magazine
Project "Yellow D"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, peteh269@xxxx wrote:
> I am considering the purchase of a painted Delorean. What would all
be involved in terms of removing the paint? Will it damage the
stainless?