Re: Painted Delorean (media blasting)

Pete,

Ron makes a very good point about removal of the body panels
before they were media blasted. A friend of my restored a
Plymouth Superbird and had the panels sand blasted with a
type of media called Black Beauty while the body panels were
still on the car. Well, the panels turned out great and so
did the paint job, but over 20 years later, there is still a
few occasions were they will drive over a big bump and some
black beauty falls out from under the dash. Yes, the black
beauty can get into small spots everywhere, especially in and
around air ducts, only to be "released" years later.

Just something to think about if you are planning to media
blast any car in the future. Remove panels whenever possible.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gullwingmagazine"