Re: DeLorean Floatation Device (FloatZilla?)

Re: DeLorean Floatation Device (FloatZilla?)

I'm sure that the only way I would learn about a DeLorean's handling
and capability is if I actually owned one. I'm merely getting
questions answered. : )

On one side, in referrence to changing the weight distribution, I
guess that is a bad idea, unless of course you counter balance the
weight of a new engine by the appropriate offset. I admitt I have
to consider all options before even attempting any actions. In
light of the steering, I am not a friend of the brake pedal unless
behind slower traffic and at stop signs or turns. How does this
effect the DeLorean's handling, especially on windy roads? I have a
perfect location to test this, at least in my eye. Highway 32,
across Salem all the way to the intersection is a very good place to
check all kinds of handling. The winding roads are a very hazardous
and treacherous trip to make, especially if you happen to be a Texan
who isn't known to constantly pedal the brake.

For floating, I wasn't worried about a D turning over, so much as I
was about how it even floats. I guess it is logical to assume that
it would be tail heavy. One question I would have is if someone has
thought about placing that spray foam into the fiberglass of these
cars to make it a floatie. Not that I ever would of course, unless
for some strange reason I happen to get the urge of fishing from car
hood..

Wouldn't it be safe to say that the last thing you'd want to do is
make a DeLorean float unless you happen to have a trolley motor or a
20 hp marine prop? Now that I think of it, I might be better off
overturning a VW Beetle and welding the doors shut.

Again I say, I would love to find out more about a DeLorean's
handling capabilities, as well as saftey issues simply because I am
considering the purchase of one.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stragand, Dave"
<dave.stragand@xxxx> wrote:
> Actual accident records show that less than 1 percent of those who
die in crashes are trapped in a vehicle that has been submerged in
water, rolled over, or caught fire. And that one percent is for all three
scenarios combined!