Re: DeLorean Floatation Device (FloatZilla?)

Re: DeLorean Floatation Device (FloatZilla?)

Actual accident records show that less than 1 percent of those who die
in crashes are trapped in a vehicle that has been submerged in water,
rolled over, or caught fire. And that one percent is for all three
scenarios combined!

Assuming your D did land in the water. What would you do? Because for
the heavy weight bias in the rear, the car is going to be "riding high"
in the front. All you'd have to do is get out.

Now let's assume that you spent several minutes crying that your D was
sinking before it occurred to you to try and get out. All you have to
do is roll down a window and wait for the water pressure to equalize
inside the car and the door will open easily. Contrary to poular
belief, the windows will NOT short out. You generally have up to an
hour of juice in the battery while it is submerged. The location of our
battery is a bonus, as it rarely injured in an accident. You'll have
time.

Now assuming your door lock module happened to take this very moment to
jam. What would you do? Break out the SIDE window with a fire
extinguisher, rescue hammer, or by kicking. TRUST ME. There is no way
in he** you are going to be able to kick out a windshield like you see
on TV or movies. There is a plastic layer sandwiched between two layers
of glass, and that plastic is insanely strong. I used to work at an
auto body shop, and one of my jobs was removing the broken windshields.
It takes multiple blows with a sledgehammer to break through that
plastic, and it is even difficult to pierce with a knife. Going out
through the windshield simply is not an option in ANY car. The side and
rear glass is made from a different material that will break easily into
small cubes.

Now let's say you roll over, are submerged, and on fire while your
original door lock module jams and drains your battery too much to
operate the windows. What would you do? Your number is up -- don't
struggle. Go towards the light, my child. If you are having that much
bad luck you're going to be toast no matter WHAT kind of vehicle you are
in.

-Dave Stragand
VIN #05927