Re: [DML] Re: Long Term Storage

A good alternative to smelly mothballs is to scatter several sheets of the
type of product used in cloths dryers like Bounce or Snuggles. We've learned
this from the folks who store our motorhome and there is no smell
noticeable but apparently the critters smell it and don't like it. Newer
tires don't develop permanent flat spots. The Yokohamas seem to work the
winter storage flat spot out within a few miles of driving. I used to jack
the car up for the winter but I've switched to over inflating the tires to
about 65lbs pressure during storage. Just remember to re-adjust them in the
spring. I've yet to have a problem with doing this.

Bruce Benson
vin 6870

>Subject: [DML] Re: Long Term Storage

> Mothballs because I have seen what little critters can do to the
> inside of a car. Try removing the smell of urine and feces and all of
> the stuff they bring in to nest, the smell of mothballs won't seem so
> bad and it does go away.
d .