Mechanical skills, age, etc...

I personally don't think you have to be mechanically inclined to own a DeLorean... or over 25... or be able to jump through a hoop backwards blindfolded (hehe). There's going to be people who say you can't do this and that on this list... and for every one of them... there's a dozen or more people doing what they say can't be done... and it works for them! All you have to do in order to own a DeLorean is want one bad enough... if you do... the details will somehow find ways of working themselves out. That said... bottom line... ANY DeLorean you buy won't be trouble free and as reliable as a new car (unless you go the DMC-Houston or D-1 refurbished route). These are 20+ year old British cars. So if you aren't mechanically savvy... I hope you have a friend or relative who is... or have some extra money to throw around after you purchase your DeLorean.

A great tool that came along with my DeLorean is the DOA's Service Facilities Directory. It's a booklet listing shops where DOA members take their cars to get worked on. These facilities are in 35 states, and 7 countries throughout the world. There are in fact 15 facilities listed under Florida... so I'm sure there's one near you.

So my best advice to you is save up, read this list religiously for a year or two, meet as many owners, look at as many cars, and go to as many events as you can possibly fit in... and your knowledge of the car will grow. I personally am 20, and am fairly limited on my mechanical abilities... but that's changing by the day. Like others have said... you just kind of have to dig in... and you'll learn :-). Good luck on your quest!

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC

Don't be left out! Register today for the 2003 DMC Open House Event at http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@xxxx w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag