Re: [DML] Re: Long Term Storage

Just a quick comment about long term storage. The last time the engine is
run prior to storage should be a hot run. The products of combustion are
nominally CO2 and Water. If you run the engine for just a few minutes and
it does not really warm up the water condensates inside where it can and
will do plenty of damage during it's long rest. Residual water combines
with combustion products to form acids and acts as a electrolyte in the
support of corrosion. A hot engine is a dryer engine. It is wrong to start
up an engine monthly unless you are willing to run it until the fans turn
on. Last summer I took delivery of a car that had been run "once a month"
to keep it lubricated. Compression was awful, so the engine was torn down
and it was a rusted piece of junk inside.

Don Ekhoff