Re: Sequential VIN Delorean reunions

Don't make a big deal out of the coincidence of consecutive vin #'s.
The cars as built were not always built serially although the numbers
were assigned serially. The creation of a vin # occured in an office
but the building of a car occurs in the factory, not always in the
same order. The factory probably never cared since the individual cars
were not built to order and the choice of options was limited. It does
seem weird sometimes though. A close examination of vin #'s and build
dates shows some low vin cars with later build dates, the build date
is when the car was actually built not always in the correct range of
vin #'s and build dates. Also some cars were damaged in shipping so
earlier cars with early dates may have been sold later due to the time
to repair. It seems vins were scattered, being shipped in no
particular order to the East coast and the West coast. This is where
Knut's chronology analysis is very important, trying to make sense out
of the production chaos when there are no producution records
available. His analysis can only be as good as the data we can provide
him so I recommend ALL owners register on the DoD with your vin # and
build date and options. Who knows, you may find a consecutive vin # to
your car!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757
No known siblings, only distant relatives!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "d_rex_2002 <rich@xxxx>" <rich@xxxx>