Re: Sequential VIN Delorean reunions

Matt and List,

As you guys may already know from reading Delorean Car Show magazine
that there was a reunion of sorts at the Evansville, IN show in 2002
with Todd's VIN...6681 (automatic) and my VIN...6683 (5-speed). It
was great to have such similar VIN cars at the same show.

However, I have come across an even closer match and more incredible
coincidence, which just happens to involve the D Rex.

Several years ago, I had the opportunity to pick up a D project in
nearby Oak Lawn, IL. Well, turns out I missed out by a few hours.
Fast forward about 4 years. I find and purchase the Delorean 4x4
in Texas and ship it up to Illinois, UP-graded it to the D Rex and
and take it to World of Wheels. At the show, a guy comes up to me
and starts talking about a Delorean he owns and has been restoring
for several years. Turns out he bought the project car in Oak Lawn
several years earlier, but that was only part of the coincidence.

Sometime after the WOW show, I realized the owner of that project D,
Andrew, was posting to the DML with a very familiar looking VIN.
The D Rex is VIN...4193 and Andrew's car is VIN...4194. After the
cars spent most of their life over 1,000 miles apart, both of these
cars are now reside only about an hour away from each other. Andrew
and I are planning a reunion between these two siblings this year.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Matthew P. Olans" wrote:

Something like this only comes along once in a while,
I own VIN 16816. 16817 is for sale, again, on ebay and something
tells me not to pass it up. For those of you who know me I've taken
16816 and changed it just a bit....:) I keep thinking how sweet it
would be to have 16817 sitting right next to it, completely stock,
maybe even concours ready.

> snip <

I am curious to know if any of you have ever had the opportunity to
do this. Would any of you consider of something like this? I feel
like since it's presented itself yet again that someone out there
somewhere is telling me something.