Re: Bauerle - TAB Supports

Shannon - Thank you very much for the information on the "Bauerle
Brackets", or whatever Dave prefers to call them. I was having a
difficult time envisioning the configuration. As they say, "A picture
is worth a thousand expert opinions". I am going to run some rough
numbers on this installation, using estimated dimensions, etc. so it
won't be perfect. My goal will be to determine approximately how much
load sharing is done between the bracket and the OEM rubber bushing,
which is bolted to the web of the frame. I would be interested in any
calculations that might have been used in the design of this. Without
suggesting an outcome to my review, I can tell you that loads will
always follow the stiffest path available. In other words, whenever a
structure has any flexibility to it, it will tend to avoid picking up
load. If there is a "choice" given to loads, they will always follow
the stiff path, and "ignore" the softer path. Since we don't know the
exact load values in this joint, I will use what we call "unit values"
in order to compare the percentage of loads that flow down each path -
through the stock bushing, and the bracket. Ideally, the load share
would be split 50%/50%, to create a true double shear joint. Sorry -
I had better just stop here and go take some measurements. I will let
you know what I find. I am very interested in what the numbers will
show.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1