Re: [DML] New AC Panel

I don't have a new A/C panel, but....

I did try "detailing" my A/C panel. I painted it several coats of black (with the sticker removed and the bulb sockets masked) and then cleaned off the areas that needed to shine through. I first used white paint on the back areas that were supposed to transmit and reflect the light forward. I then
used insulating foam tape around the outer edge when reinstalling, since I believe the light leaking around the edges makes the dash look cheap or ill-fitting.

This has a nice effect overall, but doesn't address the melting problem. My next step is to replace the bulbs with white LEDs.

Gus Schlachter
VIN #4695
Austin, TX