Re: No Heat

Jack
The heater valve is probably not working correctly. It is a vacuum-
applied function to turn it off so a vacuum leak should leave it
turned on and you should have heat. I have experienced two typical
problems here. The mechanical heater door that moves air across the
heater core is not adjusted properly - they can be tricky to adjust
and get ALL the air to go across the core, OR, the heater valve is
faulty. I never thought the heater in my car worked effectively.
This last year I changed the heater valve and upon inspection of the
old valve I discovered that the valve itself was either assembled
incorrectly or the shaft had moved on the open-close arm; in any
case, the valve was basically closed all the time. I have good heat
now. I just drove it yesterday in 30 degree weather, worked fine.
So, the heaters work if you get the stuff to work correctly.

Harold McElraft - 3354