AW: [DML] DMC Electrical Problem

Mike,

first of all - check the switch for the passengers side door,
it's normal that they don't work anymore after 20 years.
Do it BEFORE you take off the T-panel.

Then check the bulbs. Can you measure any voltage there ?
Or can you measure any voltage at the switch ? (I hope you know at least a
little
bit about voltage and current, as I won't explain you how to use a
multimeter !)

The same with the window motor. My one was stuck as there was some dirt
in the drive. First check if the switch works, exchange it with the other
window
switch to test. If it's not that, then check the connector near the window
motor.
It may look ok, but the motor needs up to 20Amps to move that little window
!
Clean and measure it!

If still not working take out the whole window drive and see if it works if
you
connect it with some wires directly to the battery.
I had to push and pull mine in and out about 20 times until it started
working again.
(A half can of WD40 and some molycote lube later it works now.)
You can test the motor without the whole drive, too to make sure it is ok.
The motor itself can be replaced cheap, its a standard BOSCH. But only the
motor,
the rest is....like one of those other 2 million parts delivered by the
lowest bidder...

Elvis

One problem I am trying to correct is an electrical problem in the
passengers side door. The passengers side door has no power what so ever,
the window does not work, nor do the marker lights. All other electronics on
the car seem to be just fine. I opened the relay box, and nothing looks
melted or fried, however it does look all original is will need upgrading.
Any ideas on where to start looking for this problem?

Also, for the relays, who has the best replacement kits for this? I would
like to get this taken care of to insure I don't have a future melt down.

Thanks,
Mike Polzin
VIN #4761

moderators@xxxx