AW: [DML] seeking advice

Tom,

we have great adjustable (refillable) door struts here in Germany, sold by
Adrian,
founder of the german Delorean Club. Do not mess around with the torsion
bars.
When they lift up the door at least 2 inches (up to maximum six"), then they
are
ok. Don't stress them too much only because the struts have lost pressure.
Those
struts are about 50$ each and normally a little bit too strong for the
doors.
They have a valve at the end of the cylinder where (when removing the
connection
to the door) you can release some pressure. I set them up, so that my doors
will
open up very nice at about 20 to 25 degrees Celsius ! (60 Fahrenheit ?!?)

They do not open up completely at the moment, because we are below the
freezing point
outside. But when pushing them the last bit, they remain open ! They also
have e braking system liek the originals, so that they will open slower when
near maximum open.

I would recommend you to get those struts and set them correctly so that the
doors close without too much force.
When they looss pressure again, I found a airpump that makes up to 250Bar by
hand !
(For air pressured guns to fill them up.)
I had to set my struts to 170Bar to have them working correctly.

I really can't understand why most peaople are messing around with the
torsion bars,
which are expensive and may overstreß the sheet metall on the roof which may
loosen it
like seen on many cars.

If you want those struts, take a look at www.delorean.de. At the market
place Adrian is offering them (may be the price is still wrong since they
converted it from DM to Euro...)

175$ for an antenna ? why don't you get one for about 50$ which will also do
the job ?
Maybe you will have problem to find a black one like original, but is it
necessary ?
The rewiring is easy, new antennas have the relay included and won't need
the original relay anymore.

Hope I could hlep

Elvis & 6548 with fine and smooth working doors and a silver power antenna

Hello list,

I need to replace my antenae (the power mounted in back). Is there a
cheaper/easier alternative to a replacement for ~$175 from DMCH?
Ideas welcomed.

Does it do any good to replace the door struts without adjusting the
torsion bars...Will it help any?

thanks, Tom