Clarification [Was: Go Getting My DMC]

id,

QUOTE:

> i disagree with this in some ways. a good daily driver is just a daily driver and they
> can be bought for $15,000 and up, sometimes less. a daily driver does not need to be
> perfect it just needs to run well and have everything working correctly. the interior
> can be sun damaged and still be driven, the facias could be warped or flaking and still
> be a great runner. [snip]

I believe that's what I said.

SELF-QUOTE:

> > You may get one with serious cosmetic flaws but good running condition
> > for less than twenty grand, [snip]

All right, I see how that could be confusing. To clarify: A car can be:

a.) in good working order
b.) in good cosmetic condition
c.) both a. and b.
d.) neither a. nor b.

The most likely occurrences are a., b., and d. for cheaper vehicles; for
more expensive vehicles the chances of c. increase.

will likely look bad inside, possibly look bad outside, and some of the
creature comforts (e.g., air conditioning) may not be working. None of
those three has to do with the car's <running condition>. If the engine
and related parts are working, the car will run.

Summary of the summary: Daily drivers that look bad can be bought for
under $20,000.

Sorry if my earlier statement was unclear on this point.

Regards,
Farrar in New Orleans