Re: [DML] Parts cars

As parts get more and more expensive and scarce you will see more cars
parted out that could potentially be restored. It is a fact-of-life in
the car hobby. The main thing is a legal owner is able to do whatever
he wants to with his car, from using it to burying it to taking it
apart piece by piece. An extreme example is what Dave Stragard bought.
That car was a parts car if there ever was one! In fact there was no
unit completly assembled including the alternater and starter! He
bought it not really knowing if everything was even there. Giving
credit where credit is due he brought it back to life. Sometimes a car
that should have "died" is resurrected and sometimes a car that could
have rebuilt is not. If it bothers someone so much that a car is being
parted out then buy all of the parts and "bring it back to life". Put
your money where your mouth is or let others do as they please. You
will quickly learn the economics of car repair and sales. No one
should be offended by these remarks because no matter what you think
of Deloreans they are just cars and that's how they are valued in this
world. Parts cars serve a valuable purpose to the car hobby. In many
cases it is only through parts cars that "die" others may "live". To
bring back a basket case could use up many parts that could keep other
cars going longer.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757