Final drive and Torsion questions

Howdy all seems like the only time I post is when I have an issue. My
final drive on my automatic is leaking some of the ninety weight gear
oil when its cold and been sitting here in Vegas at night. At first
thought it was coming from the bottom area through a gasket or
because a bolt was loose. Over the weekend though I put it up on ramp
and found the issue was a more obvious one. Its coming from right had
side ever so slowly from the seal/O ring because the other driver
just never drove it I guess and now that I am at the helm in a month
and a half I have almost a 1,000 on it. I have a local shop here in
town DMCVEGAS referred me to that I have checked out and will have
them work on it but I wanted to know what advise the board would have
for this situation. I was thinking of doing this myself but I am not
sure if I would need to drop the whole training or now " the manual
is kind of nebulas on this point." In short if I don't drop the whole
training what would I have to do to get access to the O ring? And
advice would be greatly appreciated. Also now that I think about it
does anyone here know of a good source to read up on Torsion bar
adjustments? I have read about the hazards on them and precautions
that must be taken but I would like to at least consider me in the
garage giving it a try with all the proper information on the table
for a twenty minute job as opposed to drive the car to DMC Huston or
Cali for it?. Even though it's a good excuse to visit Disney Land.

Matthew Stits
0789